So I’ve been putting off going to the doctor. I just hate doctors.
I talked to my sister about it, and she suggested a few things that I have been trying.
Can I just say, putting in my two weeks at my shitty job that just makes me miserable and stressed was and still is the best feeling ever.
As much as I hate Margo, she had it right. Leaving feels good, especially when it’s something that matters.
Off to bigger and better (and better paying) things.
I’ve recently come to the decision that I need to see a doctor.
Over the past four years, I’ve gone in and out of depressed states which I attributed to the seasons, school, etc. Only after reading Allie Brosh (hyperboleandahalf) ‘s story about depression did I realize that that was exactly how I felt ALL of the time, and that I never really got out, I just had days/weeks/months that made me forget things for a little bit.
I never want to get to the point where my mind gets in the way of school or my job or the people in my life.
1. Stop comparing yourself to others.
2. Stop putting yourself down, and attacking yourself with your own thoughts and words.
3. Don’t reject compliments. Instead of automatically brushing them off, recognise that what has been said is true.
4. Deliberately affirm yourself throughout the day with positive statements like “I am a valuable person; I am unique and have talents and gifts; I am likeable and loveable.”
5. Surround yourself with positive people who can see, and affirm, your worth and value. At the same time, avoid critical and negative people who get a kick out of putting others down.
6. Make a list of the goals you have achieved, and your minor and major successes in life.
7. Make a list of your top 10 traits and remind yourself of these important qualities.
8. Be true to yourself. It’s important that you live an authentic life and be the person you were meant to be. Don’t try to be a replica of anybody else. You have so much to offer – so always be yourself.
- “We’re your family, we’re allowed to make fun of you”
- “Come on, it’s just a joke”
- “toughen up and stop being a baby”
- “We’re just teasing”
BULLYING IS BULLYING NO MATTER WHO IT COMES FROM.
IT JUST HURTS A FUCKLOAD A LOT MORE WHEN ITS COMING FROM PEOPLE YOU TRUST
hey guys, friendly neighborhood reminder that if your partner (or anyone in your life) doesn’t make you feel loved and like you’re a totally rad special superstar, kick their butt to the curb and remember that you are a+ awesome and deserve a whole heck of a lot better than that
^^^^ This, guys. This.